Size lenses are specially designed lenses that can help improve binocular vision by correcting for the differences in the size and shape of images seen by each eye. When the images received by the two eyes are not the same size or shape, it can cause visual discomfort and affect depth perception, leading to a condition called aniseikonia.
With our training background and specialty, we work by changing the size and shape of the images seen by each eye so that they match more closely. By doing so, these lenses can help reduce or eliminate the visual discomfort associated with similar size image and improve binocular vision.
Our target to get from this lens including:
- Improved depth perception making it easier to judge distances and perceive spatial relationships.
- Reduced visual discomfort such as headaches, eyestrain, and double vision.
- Improved visual acuity by ensuring that the images seen by each eye are of the same size and shape, which can reduce the strain on the eyes and improve clarity.
Please discuss with our vision specialist for having a comprehensive understanding of your condition.
The lens type prescribed to you with the highest regard and if you experience any of the below symptoms, remember it can take a few days and sometimes a few weeks for your eye and brain to fully adjust to your new eyewear. The lens prescribed to you is not just having a clear vision but it needed to realign your visual system which is in a passive therapy.
Symptoms that might experience during the adaptation period
- Blurry vision
- Eye strain
- Dizziness and nausea
- “Barrel distortion” Objects seem distorted
- “Fishbowl effect” Field of vision looks as if it is being bent along the edges